PPT on the glimpse of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and its Regulations
Eligibility Criteria to Register as an Insolvency Professional
Category – I
- Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Cost Accountant and Advocate who has passed the Limited Insolvency Examination and has ten years of experience and enrolled as a member of respective institute/ Bar Council or a Graduate who has passed the Limited Insolvency Examination, and has fifteen years of experience in management, after he received a Bachelor’s degree from a university established or recognized by law;
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has notified syllabus for the Limited Insolvency Examination with effect from 31st December 2016.
- The enrollment for examination has been started from 15th December 2016.
- For syllabus, enrolment process for the examination please visit: http://www.ibbi.gov.in/limited-insolvency.html ; www.iiipicai.in
- Registration Process:
- Submit the application for registration online (available at www.iiipicai.in) and in hard copy with the relevant documents in Form A of the Second Schedule of the IBBI (Insolvency Professionals) Regulations, 2016 to Indian Institute of Insolvency Professionals of ICAI (IIIPI)
- Enclose all the relevant documents as per Form A including the provisional certificate of qualifying Limited Insolvency Examination
- A non-refundable application fees to be paid as follows:
- Fees of IBBI- Rs. 10,000/- (Ten Thousand only)
- Fees of IIIPI- 10,000/- (Ten Thousand only) for each financial year (which needs to be paid before 30th April of every year)
- Fees would be charged half for enrolment with IIIPI after October of each financial year, i.e., Rs 5000 (Five Thousand Only)
- Please note that if the fee cheque(s) submitted by the applicant is/are not cleared and returned by the bank the application will liable to be rejected.
- The Registration Form with relevant documents and along with two separate Cheques/ Demand Drafts (Payable at New Delhi) prepared in favour of “Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India” and “Indian Institute of Insolvency Professionals of ICAI” should be submitted to Secretariat, Indian Institute of Insolvency Professionals of ICAI (IIIPI), 3rd Floor, Hostel Block, A- 29, Sector- 62, Noida – 201309, Phone: +91 120 3045960.
Category - II
- Any other individual on passing the National Insolvency Examination.
- The IBBI is yet to notify the syllabus for National Insolvency Examination.